Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im in search for new injectors, ive been reading threads on here and I think I want to go with 100hp
wanting to get some input to see if that would be a good for what I want
want it to be able to pull hills with 15k lbs and not have the egts high, if possible

also when the injectors are installed I will also be installing a airdog 165 and arson 3 or 4 but could change

·
vvvvv Chuck's Ride vvvvvv
6,343 Posts
im in search for new injectors, ive been reading threads on here and I think I want to go with 100hp
wanting to get some input to see if that would be a good for what I want
want it to be able to pull hills with 15k lbs and not have the egts high, if possible

also when the injectors are installed I will also be installing a airdog 165 and arson 3 or 4 but could change
Fill out your sig for us.....

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2004.5 2500 4x4 auto w/ built tranny, Edge cts insight, smarty s06 pod W/ TNT software, mp8, II phatshaft silver 62, 4'' stright pipe turbo back, banks ram air intake, afe blade runner, 33-12.50-17, 2.5'' leveling kit

sorry guys not sure why its not on there

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2004.5 2500 4x4 auto w/ built tranny, Edge cts insight, smarty s06 pod W/ TNT software, mp8, II phatshaft silver 62, 4'' stright pipe turbo back, banks ram air intake, afe blade runner, 33-12.50-17, 2.5'' leveling kit

ya now it shows up lol

·
Registered
3,527 Posts

I wouldn't go bigger than 100's on that turbo. That's not really an ideal turbo for towing heavy either. I have a Silver 64 and it does not like towing. Can't hardly tow heavy in 6th (OD) unless you are going fast enough to keep the RPM's up. Honestly I haven't tried making a UDC tune for towing... I'm sure it would do better.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't go bigger than 100's on that turbo. That's not really an ideal turbo for towing heavy either. I have a Silver 64 and it does not like towing. Can't hardly tow heavy in 6th (OD) unless you are going fast enough to keep the RPM's up. Honestly I haven't tried making a UDC tune for towing... I'm sure it would do better.

I don't tow much but when I do it's normally pretty heavy
Have any ideas on a good place to order injectors?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just ordered industrial 100hp and a fass titanium 150 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
What do yall think of dap, I have one gone out on my 06, was just replacing the one, untill rebuild time. The only offer reman, everyone ibwork with says go straight to cummins for a new not reman

06 3500 Drw, 4x4 crew cab, 6speed

·
Registered
596 Posts
Reman's are asking for trouble from what I've been told.

Sent from my phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
What do yall think of dap, I have one gone out on my 06, was just replacing the one, untill rebuild time. The only offer reman, everyone ibwork with says go straight to cummins for a new not reman

The guys at dap are very helpful. They also sell new injectors. I'm not sure if cummins even has "New" injectors these days.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ill have to check with my local distributor, I work for Peterbilt but the parts guys said just call the distributor. Probably give dap a call, see if they sell single "new" ones for 06cr

·
Vendor
8,630 Posts
We have 100+ of the 0445120238 BRAND NEW BOSCH on the shelf.

There are new, genuine reman and 3rd party reman. I would not hesitate to put new or genuine bosch in a truck. The 3rd party reman ( including cummins) can be fine, but there are some places that do a poor job as well as those that are up there in quality. Bottom line know what you are getting if it is 3rd party.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts