Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1000rpm idle all the time need help

687 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  MoparProud
I have a 03 with the 555 in it. all i have done is air filter exhust and a edge ez. whatthe truck is doing is after cooolant temps are around 190 195 deg when i come to a stop light and sit for a few it idles up to about 1050rpm is you stand on the brakes it will idle back down. it drives great good power. any one herd of this thanks Nick
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
643 Posts
Mine does the same thing, has for quite some time now. It's nothing to worry about, and it will go away if you slightly engage the clutch as well. I don't like pushing the brake down that hard, that is why I use the clutch but most of the time I don't worry about it.

· Registered
643 Posts
Completely normal. Its the programming in the ECM. Must be some long lights you have there though
Are you talking about the cold weather high idle? I am pretty sure what he is talking about is different. Mine does like he says, but it can be 10 or 100 outside, still high idles.

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yes this dose it at any temp out side and any temp of the eng. and no the lights are not long. some times when i pull up to a light want the truck idles down from driving speed it will stop at 1000rpm. other times 15 sec after stoping it will ramp up to 1000rpm. i have own this truck sense new and its had done it all the time. i thoguth it might have soming to do with the chip so i put it back to stock still same thing. just anoying

· Banned
28,329 Posts
Itll still idle up in warm weather, both mine do (although I manually idle up to 1500 in the 07). Like I said, its just the programming. Perfectly normal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.