1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
88 Posts
If Smarty finds out they are selling them for that price they "will" get their dealer status pulled.

They have a strict policy against things like that.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha I laughed at post #1. Thats why i was asking....wasn't sure how that worked

Mrs.k2 why do you have my head chopped off?

·
Recovering Post Whore
747 Posts
Very interesting. I have always read and thought that MADS had a price protection deal with their vendors that said no cheaper than $685.00. Either somthing has changed or BADP is about to get a phone call from Bob W. :whip: :hehe:

·
Registered
88 Posts
haha I laughed at post #1. Thats why i was asking....wasn't sure how that worked

Mrs.k2 why do you have my head chopped off?
To protect your identity...:D

·
Unreconstructed
6,113 Posts
Sounds to me that someone's trying to keep afloat and not go under...Or is going under and trying to liquidate product...

This is just my opinion...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
maybee there just taking a hit in profit margin and sucking up the discount to create a little revenue since a bunch of these bad boys will probably be sold.

PS: thanks Mrs.k2

P

·
0 Posts
There is no doubt Alabammie they are in for a rough ride now. I liked those guys

·
Recovering Post Whore
747 Posts
maybee there just taking a hit in profit margin and sucking up the discount to create a little revenue since a bunch of these bad boys will probably be sold.

PS: thanks Mrs.k2
I would be very careful about doing that deal.....:rof You might get a cheap SMARTY but it might not carry any warranty through MADS.......:shock:

·
Unreconstructed
6,113 Posts
Oh, they were always nice to me, and very helpful to me when I called.

And I don't like seeing them take such a hit as they have been here lately.

However, they seem to have brought it on themselves with faulty products, not enough R&D, and lack of customer service, when urgently needed.

These are once again, conclusions I have gathered from other fellow CF'ers that have had issues when dealing with them or their products.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
However, they seem to have brought it on themselves with faulty products, not enough R&D, and lack of customer service, when urgently needed.
Sound like the Bully Dog group too. :buttkick:

·
Unreconstructed
6,113 Posts
Yep...

Once again...Just like with my family's business...Small business will prevail.

H&S is large enough to keep up with the demand...Yet they are small enough to care about "the little guy". You know?

P

·
0 Posts
You often wonder why businesses do what they do and why. It's like they almost don't care.

Almost sounds like Congress. . But that's another story

Back to topic

I doubt MADS would forefit a warranty because of that. . . . If you were looking for a Smarty, I would take advantage of it. It can't hurt you at all. If you need support, you could always call MADS. If it were me though, I wouldn't be so bold to call one of the other vendors like K2 or Rollin Smoke. I'm bold, but not that bold :hehe:

·
Recovering Post Whore
747 Posts

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
THERE WILL ALWAYS BE OPORTUNIST LOOKING TO PROFIT AND CUT CORNERS. WON'T HAPPEN WITH SMARTY.

I saw this coming.

P

·
0 Posts
Never argued that part Hard Core. . . .

I was just treading softly. LOL Way back is said "if it's lagit". I dodn't think so, but there was allot of controversy across the board. You know

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.