Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

10,000 ft lbs tq dyno numbers!!!

2183 Views 20 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  pwerwagn
Just got word Shawn Gammel got 1st place in the unlimited class in ALBQ, NM at their dyno event!
He made 948 wrhp, and 1919 lb tq with a 200 shot!
Congrats shawn for woopin their arse!!!

Also congrats to Dennis in his "farm truck" 5.9! He made 766/1500 and took second place!

Post your dyno numbers if you attended guys!!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
751 Posts
594 HP and 1213 Lb.Ft. Torque....1st Place in the Modified Class......Great turnout...I think 40 trucks went on the rollers by 3:00 pm

· Registered
1,759 Posts
i did 435hp but i cant remember my torque i think it was almost 900. What determined the classes.....

· Banned
1,072 Posts
YEA!

We went to the 10,000lb dyno event in Abq NM!!

Sean Gammel's 06 Cummins dynoed 948hp and 1919trq!!!!!!!!!! He got first place in unlimited class. Congrats! He actually broke the straps on the dyno holding the truck down and his tires fell off the rollers and started smoking on the shop floor! He got it shut down in time though
Dennis Adams got second place in his 06 Cummins with 760hp. Dieselbombs came all the way from Texas and trailered there 05 Cummins with lots of bells & whistles and he made some numbers in the 700s?? Not too sure what his numbers were.

Dave Salzar won the Modded class with 596 hp!!!

Fidel made 522hp with a EFI tune, PPE pump and ATS trans on his stock turbo 02 Dmax!

Congrats to everyone and drive safe home.

.......i asked what determined the classes and didnt get a straight answer???? I really do not know. I know any drugs put you in the unlimited class but what about twins or single turbo upgrades? Should of had a sheet that showed what determined the classes IMO. All in all, it was a great event. Well done Chris B!

· Registered
751 Posts
YEA!

We went to the 10,000lb dyno event in Abq NM!!

Sean Gammel's 06 Cummins dynoed 948hp and 1919trq!!!!!!!!!! He got first place in unlimited class. Congrats! He actually broke the straps on the dyno holding the truck down and his tires fell off the rollers and started smoking on the shop floor! He got it shut down in time though
Dennis Adams got second place in his 06 Cummins with 760hp. Dieselbombs came all the way from Texas and trailered there 05 Cummins with lots of bells & whistles and he made some numbers in the 700s?? Not too sure what his numbers were.

Fidel made 522hp with a EFI tune, PPE pump and ATS trans on his stock turbo 02 Dmax!

Congrats to everyone and drive safe home.

.......i asked what determined the classes and didnt get a straight answer???? I really do not know. I know any drugs put you in the unlimited class but what about twins or single turbo upgrades? Should of had a sheet that showed what determined the classes IMO. All in all, it was a great event. Well done Chris B!
Great Time!
Stock Class= was exactly that, no power adders.
Modidied Class= all goes minus spray
Bombed Class= Drugs!

If the registration card was not filled out with all modifications and the category was not checked off that you wanted to be in, then you probably were not categorized.

· Registered
87 Posts
I did not have a chance to take pics but I am sure I will be getting some from a few that took them (i know wildcat took a few!). I or someone else will post asap please!!!

Special thanks go to

Vendors-
FLASH Automotive for hosting the event
TEAM XLR8R (thank you Mike and Stephanie!) they brought the blue thumper out and it sure did draw a crowd!
IceBox Manufacturing- raffled off a couple CAI systems
Line X of Albuquerque- shirts, coozies and a liner
Rent-n-Go Rio Rancho
New Mexico Off Road League- DJ and announcing
PAPA-filmed the event that morning
AHERN Rental- donated a 26 foot scissor lift for the film crew
Route 66 Girls showed up!
Tri-State Printing- posters
HDR Diesel
WECKS- burritos
RECON- shirts and special discounts for the event
NAPA- donated coolers, tools, shirts, hats

Dealers that sponsored the event-
Melloy Dodge- 09 mega cab 6.7 (won the dealer class)
Galles Chevrolet- 09 Dmax Crew Cab
Don Chalmers Ford- 09 6.4 Crew Cab

Volunteers-
Carol D.
Jim P.
Andy B and his girlfriend Robin
Stephanie (XLR8R's Girlfriend THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!)
Steven
Jarret
Crew at Flash Auto
Drew G.
Bill M.
Max
Albert

Thank you for your hard work and the good times back at my place for a bomb party and a few cold refreshments!!

like dave said

bone stock= just that nothing done, not even a aftermarket filter
modified= anything up to a single turbo NO DRUGS
Unlimited= twins and up and anything goes

· Banned
1,072 Posts
:worthless:
How is this thread worthless without pics? Thread is about dyno numbers and most were posted.:hehe:

What were the numbers that Dodge from Texas made? I watched the screen and saw it hit in the 700's but it was jumping all over. He was too low in the RPM's IMO and he kept letting it down shift.

Im getting the pics up now....

· Registered
400 Posts
Sean Gammel's 06 Cummins dynoed 948hp and 1919trq!!!!!!!!!! He got first place in unlimited class. Congrats!

Congratulations to Sean for winning 1st place and a set of LazarLites from us to make it easier to see all those ponies under the hood!

Dieselbombs came all the way from Texas and trailered there 05 Cummins with lots of bells & whistles and he made some numbers in the 700s?? Not too sure what his numbers were.

Diesel bombs are what we DO - our company is LazarSmith, and we trailered the LazarSmith Special all the way from east TX to help Chris support our fine folks in the military who continue to pay the price for our freedom.

Way to go Dave!
He won one of our TIP Kits (so he can beat Sean next time!:whip:)
Special thanks go to

Vendors-

TEAM XLR8R (thank you Mike and Stephanie!) they brought the blue thumper out and it sure did draw a crowd!

Well, we promised global-warming quantities of smoke... pretty sure I made good on that! :hehe:
5100' and no NO2 made it impossible to clear more than half the black stuff... used up 1/8 of a tank just for those 3 pulls. :shock:

Volunteers-
Carol D.
Jim P.
Andy B and his girlfriend Robin
Stephanie (XLR8R's Girlfriend THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!)
Steven
Jarret
Crew at Flash Auto
Drew G.
Bill M.
Max
Albert

Thank you for your hard work and the good times back at my place for a bomb party and a few cold refreshments!!
We really enjoyed meeting everyone - great bunch of folks, and the nicest gathering yet of quality trucks I have seen at someone's home!

What were the numbers that Dodge from Texas made? I watched the screen and saw it hit in the 700's but it was jumping all over. He was too low in the RPM's IMO and he kept letting it down shift.
This was the 1st time the LazarSmith Special was on the rollers - we haven't even made a full pass in the quarter in it yet, since TS was cancelled.

I didn't install a manual lockout for OD yet (it's an '05), so every run it shifted twice regardless of starting RPM. :banghead: ..... also, forgot to reset the ABS for the Proxies after TS, and still had the TNT-R set for 125mph, so I ran into the wall on defuel. :doh:

Without nitrous, it was hard to avoid rolling into the skinny pedal too fast at that altitude, but it did better on #2 than I expected at this early stage of tuning.

On the last run, when everything was heat-soaked, straight water got us 70HP for a 738 best of three... pretty impressive considering a little 150psi pump was dribbling water out of all 12 nozzles in the individual-runner manifold.

Still had 95% of peak HP at red line, so there's plenty left to uncork.

Thanks again to Chris for putting this great event together and for being so hospitable to Stephanie & I! :yourock:

Looks like a whole lot of mess here, but everyone loves it in person...

View attachment 15575

· Registered
161 Posts
Are all the numbers gonna be posted for all trucks?

I got off work late and you guys were done by the time I could make it. :doh:

· Banned
1,072 Posts
Are all the numbers gonna be posted for all trucks?

I got off work late and you guys were done by the time I could make it. :doh:
Thats a good question. I think the only guy who has the dyno numbers is Chris.

Yea, they got all 38 on the rollers by 2:30pm then after the awards we took off and went to the mall. Dennis kept us entertained and bought us all drinks......it was a very exciting night:hehe: Derek made a visit to the toilet gods, Sean and i stayed up BS'n all night and Dennis stumbled to his room at midnight.

· Registered
161 Posts
Where was dennis buyin you drinks at in the mall?

To bad I couldnt of made it and shown you what real HP is. :hehe:

· Registered
416 Posts
Where was dennis buyin you drinks at in the mall? Lol, The hotel!

I know, where were you?

· Registered
161 Posts
Work bro! !

· Banned
1,072 Posts
Where was dennis buyin you drinks at in the mall?

No, :hehe: Just a few of us went to the mall to go shopping......

Then we met up with Dennis around 6pm for a steak.......

That turned into a steak and a margarita, then a shot of tequila, then another margarita, one more shot and a bunch of long islands.:lol4:

You missed out on a good time again.

· Registered
161 Posts
Lol....had to throw that "again" in there didnt ya?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.