Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
ive seen a truck with the 6" skyjacker with 37s hauling a gooseneck

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
As high as your trailer will go...

I would stop around 6" with anything heavy.. Over 15K, and 12-16" for under that.

You will be fighting rear-end sag (with the truck) with bigger lifts.

Actually, you could go higher. Why not?

Merrick

·
Registered
119 Posts
i wanna lift my truck but still pull a goose neck....so how high is to high? What would be a good height
For me stock is too high, the trailer has a nasty lean upward bone stock tires and all.

I guess it depends most on the trailer and what you are willing to do with the suspension on the trailer to get some height.

·
Registered
634 Posts
A buddy of mine has an '05 dually. We put 6in lift with 37" stt's. It looks sweet. He has a 39ft fifth wheel toy hauler he pulls with it. He had to flip the axles on the trailer so it sat level, but other than that it pulls it ok. He converted the fifth wheel to a gooseneck also. It puts him a little over 13'6", but out here in OR we can go 14' and still be legal. One thing to know is if you go 6" you cannot use blocks in the rear to lift it otherwise the top plates for the U bolts will get into the sidewall of the tire. You have to go with new leafs. Which in my opinion is the only way to go anyway. He was trying to cheap out with the blocks and had to buy new springs anyway. Haha. Live and learn. But it is definately a sweet looking ride.

·
Registered
401 Posts
A buddy of mine has an '05 dually. We put 6in lift with 37" stt's. It looks sweet. He has a 39ft fifth wheel toy hauler he pulls with it. He had to flip the axles on the trailer so it sat level, but other than that it pulls it ok. He converted the fifth wheel to a gooseneck also. It puts him a little over 13'6", but out here in OR we can go 14' and still be legal. One thing to know is if you go 6" you cannot use blocks in the rear to lift it otherwise the top plates for the U bolts will get into the sidewall of the tire. You have to go with new leafs. Which in my opinion is the only way to go anyway. He was trying to cheap out with the blocks and had to buy new springs anyway. Haha. Live and learn. But it is definately a sweet looking ride.

got any pictures of the truck and trailer hooked up?

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,627 Posts
be sure your gooseneck has an adjustable ram on it.
mine doesnt, so i can barely go over 3" additional height without
having to buy another gooseneck.

is there an aftermarket ram that can be welded on to the neck ?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
You might need to fab up the base of mount to get it to the right height.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have about 7-8" of lift with 35"s and tow with a gooseneck. I need to flip the axles on the trailer but even now i have about 8-10" of clearance over the bed rails. Pulls fine, like stock. its a 27' 4 place horse trailer.

steve

·
Registered
401 Posts
can't believe nobody has a picture of these setups. Would love to see one of these lifted trucks hooked up

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have a 6" lift and pull a 37' fiver. I would reccomend saving up and getting the Carli long travel air bags. After having the regular firrestones and fighting that battle with little suspension travel and poor build quality the Carli's are the way to go with a lifted truck. Spendy but well worth it. I'll see if I can't remember how to post a pic for ya

·
Registered
132 Posts
i just had the trailer on last week too, next time i hook up to it i will snap a few. The carli long travel bags are a must if you are going to tow with any lift. they are on my list....

·
Registered
491 Posts
only way i've done it is with S.P.O.A, spring perch over axle on trailer or offroad trailer. with this weight up high and the bad handling, i've went to bumper pull and riderites with my custom bag mount setup, ie. it's lifted 6" rides great if anyone would like to see my system i'll figure out the pics, also my system is great for stiffing up my system, helps handeling and sled pulling.

·
Northern CA Chapter President
3,321 Posts
heres my buddies fabtech 4.5'' on 35's

1 - 20 of 41 Posts