Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone make a hardened 1 1/4 shaft?

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
I highly doubt youll be able to find one. most of the Billet/hardened shaft only come in 1 3/8. If you looking to do anything more than Daily driving the 1 3/8 is WELL worth the extra $$$! Plus if you ever break it, Most companies replace it for free (and I dont think they have replaced many)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i was just at the diesel dyno days in danville a few weeks ago and had just put my new dd clutch in and this last friday night went and layed in the go pedal an 5th gear and she said....SNAP.

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
I remember you truck, maroon reg cab duely? Ya DD clutchs can do a number on input shafts espacally pulling loads on a good HP truck. truthfully I think pulling you trailer you will like the 1 3/8's shaft. ill see what i can pull up on the 1 1/4 though.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well after i put the 1 3/8 shaft in it what else will break? an input shaft is only 100 dollars and ya it sux to pull the tranny but..........

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
Well the Bilet hardened shafts are a bit costly ( best i can get on is around $600). But youll never have to worry about it again! Next to break would be an out put shaft.....maybe. But it would take a lot more stress and HP to break one than you puting out right now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts