Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
They don’t make them… I did a redneck level on my 2wd, basically hockey pucks in the springs and it’s a PITA. Uninstalled 2 weeks later because everything else started to suck. I heard some stuff a while back about putting 3rd gen 2wd upper and lower arms on the 2nd gen chassis. You could look into that, not sure what kind of lift you’ll get out of it.
They do. 1994-2019 2WD DODGE RAM 2" LEVELING LIFT KIT 1500 2500 3500

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don't see many 2wd's around here, but if the rear suspension is set up the same way I'd think you have a LOT of space to take up to level it. Not sure why you're worried about bigger tires on a 2wd other than just the looks. But hey, to each their own.

I'll echo the above with it sounds like a fairly simple DIY. Either put some spacers up front, or drop the rear and settle with a smaller tire.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am having a hard time finding a shop and/or parts to level out my 2001 2WD 2500. Finally found a shop and after a few returned calls quoted me $1,400 installed? How!? Also I am new to the game as I just got my 2nd gen a few months back. Any advice would help as this is the first thing I want to get done on the truck. Any recommendations on parts? Am I looking for the right thing here? I just want the front level with the rear so I can get a little bit bigger tire and wheel over stock.
I would leave the stock rims and tires on it. The truck is designed from the factory for those. Changing the size affects the steering, brakes, wheel bearings, speedo etc. Same with changing the suspension.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
They don’t make them… I did a redneck level on my 2wd, basically hockey pucks in the springs and it’s a PITA. Uninstalled 2 weeks later because everything else started to suck. I heard some stuff a while back about putting 3rd gen 2wd upper and lower arms on the 2nd gen chassis. You could look into that, not sure what kind of lift you’ll get out of it.
The are definitely harder to find but they do make a couple.

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,556 Posts
Those springs are for 4WD

21 - 29 of 29 Posts