Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my registration notice in the mail today and my 2019 Ram 3500 has a $1,207 registration fee. I live in the tiest state CA/commiefornia. I was wondering what everyone else is being charged?

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
I was shocked to find that my annual registration is nearly $140. Shocked, I say! After all, our passenger cars average $70 to $80 each.

·
Registered
665 Posts
All depends on where you live. In Maine mine will be over 760 for an 2018. They go off MSRP- the delivery fee and a few other things. I think its total BS and that's why I plan on moving back down to Texas in the next two years. Taxes getting way out of hand here. I wish registration would be more streamlined in the US. I have never understood why states like CA,MA,CT and a few others tax the hell out of you. When I was in Alaska it cost 110 for a two year period for new vehicle.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I pay $117/year here in Texas but thats because i have personalized plates which is an additional $40/year. I have friends that lived in Kommifornia a few years ago. They own a 2016 F-250 and their registration was crazy. According to them, Kommifornia considers anything 3/4 ton or bigger a commercial vehicle. Thats why the registration is so high, goes off of carrying capacity or something like that.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I pay 1200$ a year. In Sask they have one vehicle insurer and that price includes registration/insurance and extra weight.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Kommifornia considers anything 3/4 ton or bigger a commercial vehicle.
All trucks in California are commercial with registration. Unless you install a camper shell, then you can register as non-commericial.

My ‘18 2500 this year was $760.

·
Registered
19,114 Posts
You need more than a camper shell, itis sup[posed to shave some kind of living accommodations, bed, fridge, toilet, something like that. But many get by until they take it off to haul a new fridge.
Best way to avoid weight fees other than a full camper is getting handicapped plates, that does away with one set of weight fees per person. about 200 or so on a dually.
In CA my 99 2500 is bout $146 with out weight fees, so that must be about minimum now.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My 1972 Ford F250 is $217 this year, my wife's 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee with Ecodiesel is $575 this year too. Anyone here live in AZ? I was wondering what you pay out there. I'm hoping it's less than the $1207 I have to pay here. We are thinking of moving out there sometime soon.

·
Registered
296 Posts
CA and CO are ridiculous. We're getting CARB here too (without voter approval) thanks to the polesmoking Governor and all these commie liberal transplants and the wretched progs in Denver and Boulder.

I paid around $1,200 for my 2018 fifth wheel (MSRP $56k) even though I paid 25% less.

I shudder to think what it's going to be on the $87K 2020 Limited.

n highway robbery.

They have an estimator on the renewal site, I'm not even going to look until I get a delivery date because it makes me so damn angry.

·
Registered
377 Posts
NJ is about $125.
It's all relative. We pay more in property tax (house).

Then southern states hit you with "property tax" on literally everything you own:

Camper-property tax.
trailer-property tax
junk car-property tax
on and on.

No wonder you see so many clunkers down there. They tax you to death for years because you sprung for a new vehicle.

Get the picture?

·
Registered
378 Posts
I live in SC. We pay registration and property tax together. My 18 dually is $1968 for property tax/registration per year. My 5th wheel is $625 per year. Between our RV and vehicles we pay about $3600 a year in property tax/registration. On the flip side the property tax on our house was $1573 last year (it's a nice home that we custom built in 2016). Bottom line is that each state gets you, it's just in different ways.

·
Registered
665 Posts
$255 for non-commercial, $860 for commercial. 3500 Ram SRW in Alaska
Is that per year ? When I was there from 05-11 I had three vehicles. A 98 F150, 06 2500 CTD, 04 F150. It cost 100 each for two years for registration on all my vehicles.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts