Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1-2 shifts hard

739 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Revolution
my built trans seems to shift hard from 1-2, is that the way it is suppose to be?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
mine does that as well... but i just have a 68rfe with new torque converter. it did it before the new tc, but sometimes its embarrassing when other people are riding with me. i would love to get it very smooth.

also i get a hard clunk when going from drive into neutral, reverse, or park... but not when going the other direction.

no idea.

· Registered
5,202 Posts
It is just because you have a tight torque converter (good thing) I am no expert but I think that if you don't like it you can reduce your line pressure

· Registered
36 Posts
Cadillac Shifts

mine does that as well... but i just have a 68rfe with new torque converter. it did it before the new tc, but sometimes its embarrassing when other people are riding with me. i would love to get it very smooth.

also i get a hard clunk when going from drive into neutral, reverse, or park... but not when going the other direction.

no idea.
Very smooth= Converting power into extra heat. Dont want that in a HD diesel truck @ 20.000+ GVW:badidea:

· Premium Member
832 Posts
mine is firm too like the statement above ^ it means our TC's are in good condition lol which suprises me as my truck has 150k on it and it has never had any tranny work done to it...all stock still.

· Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine just seems to hit the hardest shifting from 1st to 2nd?

· Premium Member
2,404 Posts
mine just seems to hit the hardest shifting from 1st to 2nd?
In your sig it says heavy hauler "race trans", what did u think it was gonna do?

· Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes i know. i was just wondering if it is normal ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.