Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my .093 tubes put in. Simple install!
I know I'm getting more fuel because I saw 100* more on the EGT gauge than I had before. Here are some pictures of the differences.
Before: you can see the filter in there.

After: straight through!

I'm running 7x.012 with .010 lift and stroke.
They most likely won't make a difference if you are running smaller sizeed injectors.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I ran a set of those tubes for a lil while. Only thing i notice was a very slight lope at idle, and installing out when i put it in drive on the auto. on the dyno, the numbers stayed the same. no more power no less. So good luck hotter egts and no more power..sorry ill pass

Reactions: f44life

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Missed that. If so those are quite a bit smaller than what I'm running. I don't see any need/reason to go bigger with that small of injectors.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I would've keep them in if i had a manual trans, but with a tight converter and low stall. didnt work out to good. I would like to see some numbers from a setup that gained HP from the bigger tubes.

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should be on the dyno february 12th but I haven't been on with these mods before so no comparison.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would've keep them in if i had a manual trans, but with a tight converter and low stall. didnt work out to good. I would like to see some numbers from a setup that gained HP from the bigger tubes.
So would I benefit from these tubes since I have some big ol injectors!!:confused013:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
think id see a difference with 200 horse injs? lol

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Heres my thought. Your Injector itself is going to put out X amount of fuel when popped, The fuel that is pushed throu the injector and out the very Small holes on the end of the nozzle are going to flow what they were designed to flow. If the tube that is feeding the injector has a flow rate of X at some sort of base pressure, Then if you remove the Filter and bored the tube out, seems to me the flow rate is going to change and the base pressure inside the tube are going to be lower, If the pressure is lower then isnt the Injector going to have less "pop" when it is fired. Less pressure+less atmomised fuel = more smoke for less or equal power, Which would explain the "I think i got more fuel because my EGTS went up a 100*" or did you gain that EGT temp b/c the fuel you are injecting is not being fully atmomised and unburnt? Until some real number come from it. Id stay away from them for any DD truck.

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The injector has to have a certain amount of pressure to pop so tubes can't lower the pop pressure. The injector is going to pop at the same pressure if it has a .06 tube feeding it or a .09 tube.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
The injector has to have a certain amount of pressure to pop so tubes can't lower the pop pressure. The injector is going to pop at the same pressure if it has a .06 tube feeding it or a .09 tube.
flow rate from the injection pump to the injector itself is controlled by lines and the tubes. Why you think if you run .120 lines after the injection pump and get a really bad lope, b/c the pop pressure is lower.. same with the tubes, lower pop pressure is going to have bigger droplets of fuel/ worse atomization. Poor atomization means the fuel and air don't mix well enough to combust all of the fuel in the combustion chamber, but rather fuel is burning in the exhaust manifold etc. Fuel mileage and power will suffer. Lower pop pressure effectively raises the timing a smidge, but this is negated by the poor atomization, Hey its your truck goodluck.:thumbsup:

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My injectors are set at 310 BAR. that's when they pop. Tubes aren't going to change how the injectors are set.
The lope comes from taking longer to fill the lines and tubes back up.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I am pretty sure that the injector is not going to pop at a lower pressure. What would happen is you would loose some timing because the pump technically has to send more fuel to fill the bigger tube to create the amount of bar to pop the injector...hope that makes sense

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes it does and that's what I'm trying to explain.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I am pretty sure that the injector is not going to pop at a lower pressure. What would happen is you would loose some timing because the pump technically has to send more fuel to fill the bigger tube to create the amount of bar to pop the injector...hope that makes sense

Agreed. It might lower timing a little but its not going change the POP pressure.

sent from my android using tapatalk

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My truck is not any smokier or hotter running during normal driving. The only difference is at WOT.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
did you ever hit that dyno and see if the tubes made a difference??

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ihad no before numbers. I may be swapping injectors before long. If I do and get some more dyno time I'll try to get some back to back run with the stockers.

·
Registered
772 Posts
when i drilled mine out i noticed easier, faster and smoother rpm through out the whole range. i like it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts