Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to get one aftermarket or is it a dealer item only. I've done all the tricks on the word and can't get sensor to go off. JUst gonna replace it. Ive seen a sensor from Fleetwood for up to 07 but wasn't sure it that was the correct one

·
Registered
12 Posts
The sensor is located on the bottom of the fuel filter assembly. You can buy a new assembly and it has a new sensor with it. If you haven't already, you can try draining the filter assembly, removing it and cleaning the sensor in the bottom of it, but it's cheap enough to just replace the entire assembly which will come with a new filter and sensor anyways...if you suspect there is a problem with the sensor itself.

You don't need to get it from the dealer, Genos sells them. Napa and Oreilly both carry the assemblies as well. I buy mine on Amazon as they tend to sell the Wix filters and assemblies cheapest, but that is really up to you. The Wix filters are actually Fleetguard/Cummins parts with Wix numbers on the box. The filter and assembly itself have Fleetguard/Cummins labels and part numbers on them.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Mine was driving me crazy for a couple of weeks. WIF light kept coming on and going off. Drained filter every day, no water in fuel. Replaced filter and cleaned sensor, same problem. Turned out to be water in the connector to the sensor. A little WD-40 and some compressed air took care of it. :party018:

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had to put Di-electric grease in my connection, otherwise every time it rained or I washed the truck my wif light came on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.