Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry pics are a lil crappy, was a camera. and another sorry goes out to KeepBack200ft for taking so long to put these pics up here, but got for it man and black them out!!!!!!

cheers, Will

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shi! camera on my phone ya sounded kinda dumb just then ha ha

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
looks very clean, nice job :thumbsup. Personally I usually dont like blacked out tails but you did well

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
appreciate it, i like it cuz theres nothing else on my truck thats red, and it goes good with the rest of it i think now!

·
Registered
723 Posts
looks good man. Did you use VHT niteshade?

·
Registered
267 Posts
:thumbsuplooks good bro:beer

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
nice job, hopefully the cops don't care about it out there as much in texas as they do out here...

·
Registered
451 Posts
howd u do it?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yup used VHT nightshade. well i got the can sprayed it till i got it how dark i wanted it, let it dry for quite a few hours used 2000 grit wetsanding paper and well wetsanded it ha ha to get and highspots even. cleaned throughly, clearcoated twice let dry and slapped them babies on, and now they got good as hell with the truck. would advise everyone who wants blacked out tail light to go ahead and do it, its cheap dosent take very long and if u know wat your doing its really easy!!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i didnt feel like paying 300 for new led taillights and then havin to rig em in. just didnt suit me too well

·
Registered
382 Posts
MEZ,

Very nice job. I too would like to do this do my truck. Did you sand the lights prior to spraying them, or just after to get the highspots even? Also, could you elaborate on the wet sanding. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey MEZ, where did you buy the VHT from? Looks awesome btw!

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
good old e-bay... they got everything lol no i didnt sand them proir to spray painting them, i cleaned them throughly sprayed them, and then wet sanded. the way i wet sanded them (may not be the perfect way to do it) was just got the 2000 grit and had a constant stream of water falling on where i was sanding (wasnt alot of water just a lil stream), the key is to not take much off at one time. it takes a while to get them sanded but it turned out nice and it was well worth the time i put in on them

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks for the help MEZ, I think this is definately one mod I'm looking into. I appreciate your time. Again, nice job. Looks great.

·
Registered
382 Posts
MEZ, I finally found the time to do it a few weeks ago. Thanks for the pointers, they turned out sweet.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
There are legal issues with your modification. In Texas, it is not legal. Depending on the transparency of the paint applied... You are required to have red reflective material to the rear AND rear sides of the vehicle. If you are involved in a collision where you are rear ended, you have potentially opened yourself up to civil liability.

Other than that...it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Yes, that is something I looked into before I did this. Here it is totally legal as long as your brake lights illuminate red and are still visible from a set distance. So it's all good for me. :thumbsup

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
looks great man, told u it would be well worth it!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts