Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchaced my delete kits and an efi live auto cal. I have never messed with efi but j have heard a ton of great things. What are some things I need to do to make my install go as smooth as possible. Any help would be great.

·
COAL,GUNS,FREEDOM
2,397 Posts
stay in contact with your tuner, soak all exhaust connections and joints with pb blaster every few hours and let sit for a day or two, drop the crossmember to help getting the exhaust out, take pictures, tape connections and label them.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Even when u soak the exhaust it will still be a b. Def drop the x member makes it very easy. I have been looking into efi live as well but not sure if it would be a lot better for my needs vs Smarty that I have for the $

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went with the efi because its going on a welding truck that weighs anywhere from 10000 to 12000 depending what I am hauling. And the I have a 37 foot toy hauler that I pull with it so I need all the power I can get. I have been doing some research and figure it would give me the best power for towing and best mpg while doing it. Also it will be nice to have a race tune designed for my truck so when those rice burners pull up next to you

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Charge the batteries, follow the directions and don't panic if something goes wrong during the sw load.
Don't just try something to see if it helps, contact your tuner and figure it out together.
The forum is a great resource for ideas but coordinate your efforts with the tuner to eliminate any miss-steps.

I chuckle and shake my head every time I read a post that says "I did this and it didn't work, so I undid this and tried that, but it didnt help either. Someone said to try this and do that too but they didn't work too. So a friend said to try this and kick the left rear tire 3 times to see if it works, but now nothing works. Oh yeah, I found the instructions and I guess I did something wrong. HELP!"

And most of all, do what you're doing right now. Get pointers, tips and advice before you dive into it head first.
Good luck on your deletes.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great choice going with EFI. I have a smarty jr that I just took off yesterday to replace with efi from Anarchy. I'll leave you with a big WWOOWWWWW!!!! What a difference.

Reactions: 3brorce

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been searching all over the forum looking for a right up on step by step directions for the egr delete. Has anyone done something of the sort. I have done a dpf delete on a buddies truck but not the egr

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have seen that some guys program there truck before they do the deletes. Is their an advantage to doing it before you do the deletes vs doing them and before starting the truck programing it?

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
If you need any help let me know. I've done about 20 trucks so far, so I might be some help:hehe:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you need any help let me know. I've done about 20 trucks so far, so I might be some help:hehe:
If I was home I would for sure be getting your help. But I am working in north dakota. My next trip home will be in June and I plan to have everything installed by then

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.