Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm new to the world of diesels but looking for some quick advice. I have and option of buying either a 2008 or 2004.5 cummins. The price difference is about $1,000. The 04.5 (build date 03-04 so I'm just guessing its an 04.5) has 119k miles and has never had a fifth wheel hitch. It's totally stock. The 08 has 147k and a flip over ball hitch in the bed. Both are automatics. Other than that it's stock as well. What do y'all think?

· Registered
2,269 Posts
I love my 04.5 but for an extra 1k i would take the newer truck, assuming its in good shape and the bs exhaust system isnt toasted.

· Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only thing I was worried about on the 08 was the higher miles, it having the 6.7, and the ball hitch (although I don't know how much it was used). So thats why I was leaning towards the 04.5.

· Registered
15,315 Posts
I would be worried on the 08 if it WASN'T used for towing. The 08 is trouble free when its worked. The problem trucks are the ones that are used for grocery shopping. One thousand dollars for a 4 year newer truck is a no brainer...........

· Registered
413 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true then it usually isn't. When i was looking at trucks the difference between an 04 and 08 was like $7-10,000:confused013:

· Registered
145 Posts
04.5 > 08 IMO... interiors look nicer, and 5.9 > 6.7 especially if it still has the emissions bullsh!t on it. Going against the grain and saying 04.5 on this one..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.