Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to look at a 2008 2500 with the 6.7. 1 owner with only 100k miles. I’ll know when I look at it whether it’s been deleted or not. But at 100k would it matter? Been here in Texas it’s whole life. Price is $23,995. Good deal in y’all’s opinion? Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I live in CO.
3 months ago, I found an '08 2500 HD 4X4 QuadCab Short Wheelbase, SLT trim in WA state.
Super Clean - EGR/DPF delete was the only mod.
150,000 miles.
Paid $20,000 after having it shipped. I could not have found a truck with same criteria in CO for less than $23,000.

Re: your question:

100,000 miles is nothing.
1 owner is good, ask about maintenance history.
Modifications?
How much towing?
*Which trim is it ST,SLT,Laramie??
*4X4?
Automatic or Manual tranny....?

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
Going to look at a 2008 2500 with the 6.7. 1 owner with only 100k miles. I’ll know when I look at it whether it’s been deleted or not. But at 100k would it matter? Been here in Texas it’s whole life. Price is $23,995. Good deal in y’all’s opinion? Thanks.

Price seems about right to me if its in good conduction. Deleted would be a plus, but be very wary of what tune it running (how much extra HP) and pay attention to how the trans feels. Also if it is deleted, does the tuner come with it, or does it at least some with details on the tune. (how much HP, who did it)

I would prefer stock and delete myself personally. If it is stock, does the Exhaust brake work good? Good sign the Turbo is not clogged up.lock it to 4th gear, turn on tow-haul, go 45mph and let off the gas you should feel it hit pretty good. Any warning about emission stuff on the overhead? If that all checks out... Id say your golden.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Sound about right on the price and at 100k i would just look at the front end parts, maintenance records, look for obvious signs of oil leak, look under the hood and definitely ask for a test drive and pay attention on the shifting and if there's any slipping on the trans. The mileage on that truck is just a break in period in my books... Good luck and happy holidays...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts