Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 06' with a 5"-3" procomp lift with dual front vertical steering stabalizers. Dropped the truck off the dealership this morning to have the steering linkage upgraded to 08.5 linkage. The dealership is telling me they can't up grade it because of the lift. I'm assuming, the drop pitman arm would have to stay. Can I keep the steering stabailizers? Wanted this upgraded under warrenty before the PP 8" coil over kit arrives.

· Registered
194 Posts
Don't understand why not, I too have a 5" lift and my dealer installed the new style steering under warranty.

· Registered
3,625 Posts
Well there are different diameters in the linkage. The way that the stab on the 07 steering is a different style of mount than 08. Get a carli lower stab it bolts right into the new 08 style and is more than 90% of what really need! Some dealerships won't touch lifts especially not 8 inches

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dealer just called, truck is done. Ounce I explained to them that if they had to remove the steering stabalizers that's on it & leave the drop pitman arm.<just winged it> They were able to figure it out. They said they were able to keep one stabalizer. I wanted to get this done under warrenty before the PP kit arrived. Will be purchasing/installing the Carli upper & lower stabalizer . ounce the new lift is installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.