Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about this? My truck vibrates when it is slowing down and gets worse before the truck rolls to a stop. It has XRT race tuner, 5" TBE, EGR delete, cold air intake. It seems to be getting worse the more I drive it.:banghead:

·
Registered
128 Posts
U joints maybe?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The brakes are fine, gonna rotate the tires, all u-joints are tight.
It still vibrates even when the brakes are not used, but only when the truck is slowing down.

·
Registered
110 Posts
does it seem like it comes from the front end? if so maybe it could be the sway bar bushings or something else on the front end. How many miles are on the truck?

idk for sure just throwin some common dodge problems out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda seems like its coming from the front, it has 50,000 miles. it starts out like a buzz and then ends up being a pretty rough vibration right before you stop. Its the same with or without using the brakes.

·
New Guy
63 Posts
Hub bearings and stub shaft u joints. Replaced drivers side hub bearing in mine at just over 36K because of a slight shake/vibe. Got it back and a week later started to get the shake back in the steering and a squeak once in a while. Found that one side of the u-joint was seized and had cooked the grease(found after removing it). Replaced it and now everything is good again until the other side lets go!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Greased the cv joint on the front driveshaft with a needle and the vibration went away after a couple hundred miles. WEIRD!?!?!?!?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts