Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

07 steering recall

978 7
Was there a recall on a steering part for 07 2500 trucks? The ol lady said I got something in the mail from Dodge about a steering recall, but she tossed it out before I could look at it (I only ask because I also have an 03 ram, and wasn't sure what the deal was).
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
587 Posts
yea there was, i think i have the paperwork at home... if you need more info let me know. it was the linkage between the steering shaft and the box... the guy just looked at mine and said it had the correct piece installed. not sure on the years... if no one else chimes in send me a PM and i'll get you the recall number. good luck

· Registered
609 Posts
They just looked at mine also. I think mine is different because it is lifted...Yeah it said that that linkage or shat has been known to splinter and you lose control of steering and you crash.

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was told 2500s and 3500s have different steering boxes though........maybe some 2500s had a faulty part?

Any extra info would be great, thanks guys!

· Pursuing the Great Commission
12,714 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.