Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody i am new to the forum and wanted to say hello and get some advice. I currently have an '07 2500 5.9L shortbed and i love the truck! Here is my question. I'm gonna start pulling a three car wedge trailer for work. I have been told that a longbed or dually is usually better for towing those bigger loads. I have found an '05 3500 with the 6-speed for $25000 and has the B&W hitch in it already and is ready go. Would i be making a big mistake for getting rid of my '07 for the '05? Can i get away with pulling long distances with my shortbed or is that not smart? Thank you for your help!

G

·
First of all, you need to look at your towing weights. The long bed would be better with a drag-a-long vs. a 5th wheel.

It the 3500 is a dual wheel that would definitely give you an advantage.

If this is a drag-a-long, consider load leveler bars for the hitch. I use them all the time. They throw the tounge back on the frame to the rear wheels and will reduce any sway you may have,

3 Car Huh? That's got to be 20,000. That 07 2500 is rated for 15,000. The 05 3500 single wheel is rated for 16,500. I had an 04 3500 single and now have a '07 2500, 6.7.

Another good option to have is an exhaust brake. Mannn you'll love that. :thumbsup If I had that on my 04, I'd still have it I guess

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will be a gooseneck trailer and i think the rating will be somewhere around 17000 or 18000. I'm pretty new at this whole thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts