Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First things first you can see my mods in my sig. I love my truck and this is the first time its ever died on me. Most all those mods were done at 40,000 miles I am now just under 81,000 miles. I make a 25 mile commute to work in the mornings and just as I get into the parking lot at work I notice that in low end third gear the pedal was spongy with not much response. I thought in my head thats weird. Turn a corner go 100 yards and push in the clutch and the thing dies????

So I stop and go through the startup with the edge clearing codes and notice that there is a check engine light that is staying on??? Anyone have this happen?

When attempted to start the truck sputters for 3 seconds and then just cranks like its not getting any fuel. If I try to crank it again right away it wont even sputter. I filled up with fuel last night is the problem. I am 30 miles into the tank.

With all that being said here is what I am leaning towards.......

1. Bad fuel
2. Fuel Filter neglect? Its been a while.
3. Dirty fuel + Dirty Filter
3. Fuel pump......hope not

Anyone have anything like this happen?? Its 33 degrees, raining and 15+ mph winds so I will have to wait a little later in the day to go look under the hood much. I will check the fuel can and filter a little later. Any of you guys have any ideas??? Anything else it could be?? I want to try to narrow this down a little before I go out this afternoon to dig in. Hoping its not something major but you would think it would have died abruptly. I do all my own work so this thing aint going to the dealer or a shop unless its internal engine stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What are the codes?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts