Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a buddy with an '07 6.7 and I'm trying to help him do some power mods. I have a few questions about the 6.7.

First off, do all 6.7's have the dpf? His truck has 2 things on the exhaust that both look like cats. There is one right after the other. Which one is the dpf? What kit does he need to run straight pipe to stacks?

Also, is there an intake "elbow" you can bolt in instead of making plates for the EGR block off?

Another question, which fass pump to get? I was thinking 150/150?

I've been reading threads on here about DPF delete and it seems you have to be a 6.7 expert to figure all this out. Is there not a bolt on type kit for all these issues? He just wants to be loud and blow some smoke like the 5.9's!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
#1. Yes all 6.7L Trucks 2007.5 and up have a dpf and egr.

#2. There are 2 cats - One in the downpipe coming from the turbo and you are able to see the other one by the big a$$ piece of crap DPF (the dpf is between the 2nd cat and the muffler, just look for the one that is bigger than the cat, you can't miss it)....after that you just got the muffler.....if your friend wants to straight pipe the truck he can either buy a fooler box and kit from H&S or BADP - dpf entry - They sell a wide range of kits that you can choose from and they are fairly easy to install, plus there are countless threads about them if you need to know any more info.

#3. As of right now there is no aftermarket intake elbow for the 6.7 so blocking off the egr is the best you can do right now...you can either make the plates or pay $60 at Home Page for all the hardware which is what I did.

#4. I don't have any fass or airdog set up as of right now so I can't tell you which to go for but I'm sure other members will chime in to let you know what they think.

#5. Like I said before, the kits are really simple to install...everything is bolt on and plug & play so you don't have to be any kind of expert to figure out how to get the kit on, just set aside 3 to 5 hrs to install it. These trucks have a Sh*t load of potential and can become a beast with just a few of the mods that are out for em right now.

Good Luck to you and your friend!

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
He pretty much covered it. You can buy the Race Module from BADP which doesnt include the pipe. Get a 5.9 downpipe and a stack kit for a 5.9 as well. Drill and mount the sensors in the piping with the fooler box and your good to go.

·
Registered
106 Posts
It sure would be nice if we did not have to go through all of this crap just to get some smoke & noise!!!:lol3:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, this stuff doesn't sound so bad after all. Would be nice if it was easy like the 5.9's. Might be a bit before it is all in but I will post pics after. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
i just installed my fass and my truck threw 6 codes.....

anyone else done this and had similar experiences???

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
the guy told me on the phone.. i dont remember which exactly...
low fuel pressure, too high of pressure..
i live an hour away from the dealer so i have yet to pick my truck up but he wrote everything down and printed it all out.

i can post tomorrow which codes exactly

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
2. There are 2 cats - One in the downpipe coming from the turbo and you are able to see the other one by the big a$$ piece of crap DPF (the dpf is between the 2nd cat and the muffler, just look for the one that is bigger than the cat
The down pipe is a Cat, The next filter is a NOx filter, the last filter is the DPF.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
codes thrown were
p1011
p0087
p000F
p1012
p242F
p1451

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
P000f-fuel System Over Pressure Relief Valve Activated
P0087-fuel Rail Pressure Too Low
P1451-diesel Particulate Filter System Performance
P242f-diesel Particulate Filter Restriction - Ash Accumulation
P1011-Fuel Pump Delivery Pressure Too Low
P1012–Fuel Pump Delivery Pressure Too High

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
codes thrown were
p1011
p0087
p000F
p1012
p242F
p1451
Dude, you still have a problem with your Fuel System. Your relief Valve(p000F) opened in the CR due to too much fuel pressure from the CP3(CP3 probably damaged from the bad fuel). Once opened your CR pressure Dropped(P0087). Before the relief valve opened you where probably over fueling making a ton of smoke and plugged the DPF(P242F). Possibly With the ton of smoke came a ton of heat. Too much heat will cause the regen cycle to stop, plugging the filter even more(P1451). Once the CP3 was running overtime flowing fuel with the relief valve open(P1011), probably had enough line lose from the Fass to get that code. The valve may have shut once the truck was in limp mode and had too much pressure from the Fass giving(P1012). My .02cents

Probably all due to the bad fuel you had gotten.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Dude, you still have a problem with your Fuel System. Your relief Valve(p000F) opened in the CR due to too much fuel pressure from the CP3(CP3 probably damaged from the bad fuel). Once opened your CR pressure Dropped(P0087). Before the relief valve opened you where probably over fueling making a ton of smoke and plugged the DPF(P242F). Possibly With the ton of smoke came a ton of heat. Too much heat will cause the regen cycle to stop, plugging the filter even more(P1451). Once the CP3 was running overtime flowing fuel with the relief valve open(P1011), probably had enough line lose from the Fass to get that code. The valve may have shut once the truck was in limp mode and had too much pressure from the Fass giving(P1012). My .02cents

Probably all due to the bad fuel you had gotten.

dang, if i only knew half as much as you. yes im a new guy to this whole diesel thing...
anyway, the dealer just told me to disconnect the fass and hook everything back to stock and they will take another look at it like they forgot they saw it. i did so today and tomorrow im going to clear the codes just to make sure all the same ones come back and then with whatever happens im going to take it back to the dealer. they said they would warranty what they could as long as the stock stuff was back together.. (i just left all the lines and pump still there but hooked it all back up normally)

·
Smells like Bananas
7,242 Posts
I have had alot of problems with the truck that i lemoned. It just seemed like with your codes and the fact that you had to have the injectors replace due to bad diesel. That is what made sense in my mind. But more than likely i was probably not even close. I hope everything works out for you and keep us posted on what the dealer finds

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
for sure.. today im taking out the fass and hooking all the stock lines back into place.. well im goin to take the filters off the bracket, but leave all the lines...

updates as soon as i know

1 - 15 of 15 Posts