Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i came across a guy that has a set of 6.7 injectors with only about 10,000 miles on them... from what he tells me the 6.7 injectors AND nozzles can be used in a 03 to 04 5.9... he says that although the 6.7 nozzles have more holes (better atomization) that the spray pattern is the same of the 03 to 04 cummins and the dish in the pistons are the same... how true is this... he claims he has 03 aftermarket injectors in his 07 6.7 right now... i guess there isnt a market yet for the 6.7 performance injectors... unless there just cheaper to use 03 to 04... i know that all the injectors are the same from 03 and up that its just the nozzles that change... but i want 6.7 injectors since there stainless steel and last waaaayy longer... and ive got yet another shot out injector in my 03... Im just wondering if anyone else has tried this and knows for sure before i go spend the money on something thats gonna blow my stuff up... lol... also i thought ive been a member here but i guess not cause i had to resign up... but its the same setup as cherokeeforum.com so i know how it all works pretty well and am happy to join/rejoin... thanks for any help on this!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on guys... i know someone knows this... i guess ill just bug Jeff Garmon again... im always asking him questions since he lives right down the street... figured id give this a shot... any help or ideas would be awesome!!!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
this guy swears on it... but like i said i want to KNOW before i install cause i dont want to blow my junk up... id be pissed... lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd say no.

Maybe if you are just talking about the nozzle, but my understanding is the 6.7 injectors have a six digit code on them that need to be programmed into the computer to make them work.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hhmm... ill probly talk to jeff garmon tomorrow and see what he thinks... if theres anyone around here that know the cummins its him... he actually said when we found i had a bad injector that i should find a set of 6.7 injectors cause there stainless and stick 03 nozzles... so i would think they would fit at least... didnt bring up using the same nozzles... if yall dont know him from what i understand before banks and all built there trucks he had the diesel record with his dakota... totaled it and now hes got a cummins runnin mid 6's without NOS, meth, or propane... only engine power and badass truck... check out his you tube videos and stuff... been in all the big magz... nice guy... ill bug him once again and let you guys know what he says i guess...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
went by garmons diesel... he says he doesnt think they would work... says the bodies the same and you can change and put whatever year nozzles on them but he wouldnt use the same... said its possible but who wants to find out? makes sence to me... im not trying to blow my junk up... he also says that the 6.7 ARE stainless and that bosch told him that there converting all there injectors to SS because they last so much longer but they will cost alot more of course... said even the ones you buy for your 03 or 04 from dodge will soon be SS... He says the best option you can do is get a set of stainless 6.7 injectors and stick aftermarket nozzles for power and reliability... says the aftermarket injectors you buy now could have 500,000 miles on them and there just installing new nozzles... so you better off keeping your own or buying new from dodge... said even the "rebuilt" ones are just dipped and cleaned... and that there one of the biggest money makers in the aftermarket world cause they really dont change much out... showed me a truck hes got on the rack right now with the head off and a melted up UgLy piston... said guy had a bad injector so went ahead and installed aftermarket... one of them had a crap load of miles... malfunctioned and killed the piston... now hes installing a new motor... i dont know about you but ill pass on that...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts