Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i jut got home, parked truck, went inside, got paged out to a fire call, went outside, and the truck would not start. no click, no nothing. all lights work, but the keyless entry does not work. any thoughts?:$:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Just happened with my 2000. Starter contacts were bad. I got under mine and hit the solenoid with a hammer to "unstick it". BTW you don't have to hit it hard enough to mar it up, just a few good firm taps. Also check under the hood to see if all the fuses are ok.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
this happened to me. Is the little red light on in the lower right corner of the dash? It might have to do with the security chip in your Key. I locked the truck back up, walked away about 50 ft then re approached the vehicle. This time everything worked fine and has been normal ever since. Not sure what causes it but it is a security feature on the newer trucks. If that doesnt work try the second set of keys you got with the truck.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
this happened to me. Is the little red light on in the lower right corner of the dash? It might have to do with the security chip in your Key. I locked the truck back up, walked away about 50 ft then re approached the vehicle. This time everything worked fine and has been normal ever since. Not sure what causes it but it is a security feature on the newer trucks. If that doesnt work try the second set of keys you got with the truck.
Many people have had this problem since they first came out with the security feature. It will also sometimes happen if you use the remote to lock the doors then use your key to unlock it

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Yeah might be another fireman too here! thinking of going through michigans training here this winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts