Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gosh, been reading forever it seems and going in circles lol, Ok so I want to delete all the smog junk from the truck to increase MPG and Reliability so what all do I remove and what Delete Parts are the best to purchase?

EGR, Cats and Exhaust Filter and ???

Then, what Programmer should I buy, don't need major power as a Tuner and the above mentioned parts/mods should be all I'll end up doing to this truck for a while unless I loose my self control and keep going lol :doh:

Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
i got everything from H&S, been one for about 20000 miles and no problems. I usually leave my chip on mild(60 hp), really don't need a lot of power for cruising oil field roads all day like i do at work.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
agreed,

1. tuner with delete capabilities.....H&S or SMARTY, ALL OTHERS ARE JUST FOOLERS.

2. egr/cooler delete... do them both or youll do them later.

3. a 4" or 5" turbo back exhaust..... size depends on the sound you want.

all of this CAN be purchased for around 1100 bucks. AND it ensures a healthy , happy life for you and your truck

Reactions: Quad Racer Dad

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
I like my stealth deletes. No need to purchase extra pipes. I agree on the tuner to be sure that the emissions are OFF so you don't have problems. You can just block the EGR with a plate too and there really is no need to remove the cooler. So if you have a piece of aluminum laying around, a hack saw, a file and a drill, you can be deleted for the price of a tuner. My guess is there should be a used one for sale from time to time making even that a bargain.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
i disagree on the cooler delete, seems to be there fair share of faulty clooers, delete or not, id rather not hunt a leak or crack , so get rid of it.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I would just get rid of all the egr stuff it would make it much better no worries or anything and James at rollin smoke will hook you up he's got alot of good deals there I went with flo pro 5" tbe and it went together smooth no hassle and I bought a egr delete plate and made my own cooler block off plates from 1/4" steel and the h&s is the best programers for the deletes and power when you need it

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Awesome info guys, so do I need the Regular Smarty or with the Smarty Jr work for this deal?

Prolly gonna go with the 4" Exhaust so I don't get a bunch of drone pulling down the hwy.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
my setup has been flawless for over 30,000 miles. Xrt, 5" turbo back, EGR and EGR Cooler deletes. those are the necessities in my eyes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok so going to to the EGR/Cooler Deletes a 4" Turbo Back, now just need to know which specific Programmer I need to buy, Smarty, Smarty Jr or which one of the several H&S's that are available? :confused013:

Thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
The $1100 Budget mentioned above sounds good but not limited to it if the extra money is worth the gains I guess

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i am a big believer in having gauges. so, that leaves you with the black maxx or mini maxx. both are great. just a couple little differences between them. if you have gauges already than personal preference prevails. you'll get people from both camps telling you why one company is superior to the other. so i'll start by saying i love my XRT. great product and equally great customer support. had the mini or black maxx been available at the time, i would have gone that route for the shift on the fly capability. i tow a 28' Airstream TT and also a landscape trailer, so i like to run different tunes depending on what i'm doing. shift on the fly is nice, but not a must have. i use my old Edge for gauges.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So that Delete kit will work on the 07.5 then?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
yes, it'll work on the 07.5. you just have to be sure to download the proper tuns from the H&S site.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok cool just seen it said 09-2011 on it so figured I better ask lol.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok so it looks like $1244.05 gets me all set then, no need to get the kit with the Down Pipe?

·
MMMM......BACON!!!
2,666 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Crap do I need the Fuel Rail Plug or a Shim Kit??? :confused013:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts