Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on here. Willing to try anything for answers. My 07 3500 4w drive dually has problems. Been to two different dealers, complaining about no pulling power in soft dry dirt. I pull about 7500 lb trailer everyday on construction sites. I get into soft dirt and won't pull, revs up to only about 1500-1800 rpm and sits there. Try using 4w drive, no help. 3 different times have to be pulled out of 6" deep dirt ruts. First dealer replaced the pressure solenoid something and they told me they rebuilt the trans. No help still having same problem but now when I put into park, the damn thing thinks it is in reverse and starts honking the horn like crazy. Have to turn of the truck and then put in park. Oh, buy the way cannot start in park, have to start it in neutral. Lots of info here, any comments suggestions. Buy the way I took to a different dealer today and they said they could not duplicate any of the problems....?:mad::mad::mad:

·
Diesel Junkie
4,726 Posts
Mine acted the same way.....I deliver our rental equipment , and on a few occasions , got stooped on a steep hill....gravel roads...I would power brake , floor it...and nothing....not even tire spin. I would try 4WD and 2WD and get nothing...
Not sure if the triple disc and VB upgrade did it , the Smarty or both....but now I can brake the tires loose on dry pavement with 14k hooked onto the truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are dead on, mine won't spin the tires hardly in mud. Looking at a bully dog or hypertech programmer. Do you recommend the Smarty?

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
If its still under warranty then make Dodge fix it, don't pay for the repair out of your pocket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts