Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, Guys! FNG here. My 07 Wont crank OR start. No intruments, no indicator lamps, no out side lights. This is very consistent with the service bulletins dated 3/4/08 and 7/4/08 that indicate WCM is faulty.

There is a disparity between the original bulliten and the later, revised one. The earlier one stated that the Remote Keyless Entry MAY NOT function, and the later SB states WILL NOT WORK. Mine works.

Have pulled IOD fuse and re-installed as suggested, checked all fuses with an ohm meter, removed BOTH negative battery cables and reinstalled. B+ bus Volts=12.6.

Engine will start w/ the key is on and the mechanic's under-hood connection on the firewall is supplied with +12v to engage solenoid. Charging sys works, fuel and engine controls work.

Have not used code reader on truck yet. All I get out of the odo read out is D blank blank blank37.

So, sorry about the book, but my question is: has anyone else experienced this, or know of similar circumstances.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Hi, Guys! FNG here. My 07 Wont crank OR start. No intruments, no indicator lamps, no out side lights. This is very consistent with the service bulletins dated 3/4/08 and 7/4/08 that indicate WCM is faulty.

There is a disparity between the original bulliten and the later, revised one. The earlier one stated that the Remote Keyless Entry MAY NOT function, and the later SB states WILL NOT WORK. Mine works.

Have pulled IOD fuse and re-installed as suggested, checked all fuses with an ohm meter, removed BOTH negative battery cables and reinstalled. B+ bus Volts=12.6.

Engine will start w/ the key is on and the mechanic's under-hood connection on the firewall is supplied with +12v to engage solenoid. Charging sys works, fuel and engine controls work.

Have not used code reader on truck yet. All I get out of the odo read out is D blank blank blank37.

So, sorry about the book, but my question is: has anyone else experienced this, or know of similar circumstances.

Thanks in advance
sounds like a bad TIPM. Replace it and I bet your problem is solved.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like a bad TIPM. Replace it and I bet your problem is solved.
Is that the Totally Integrated Power Module? or in other words, the fuse box?

And why do you arrive at that conclusion? I'll bet those are spendy.

Thanks...

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Is that the Totally Integrated Power Module? or in other words, the fuse box?

And why do you arrive at that conclusion? I'll bet those are spendy.

Thanks...

Yes, it controls the voltages sent throughout the truck to the different components. They can be very sensitive to additional voltage flow and be damaged... i,e. additional lights added to the truck, overload from trailer lights.

I can't say whether it's the exact problem or not but, your symptoms would lead me to look there first. You're correct, they aren't cheap.

I would have a dealer check the truck with a Starscan first though before just going out and buying one. They'll be able to tell you exactly what the problem is on their scanner.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So even if I pay the stealer to do the diagnostic, they would have to program the a new TIPM, is this correct?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hear alot of people talking about paying the high price for the TIPM, is this not something that is ever covered under an existing warranty?

And, Triton, thanks for your responses!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts