Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does my truck look like a Drag car, the rear end sets way above the front. Just wondering why these new 3500's are like this.

· Premium Member
6,894 Posts
This is definitely more noticable on Dodge trucks (1550, 2500 or 3500) than either Ford or GM. Thats why levelling kits are so popular. Its kind of their thing. Sort of like Fords with the saggy rear end.

· Registered
201 Posts
This is definitely more noticable on Dodge trucks (1550, 2500 or 3500) than either Ford or GM. Thats why levelling kits are so popular. Its kind of their thing. Sort of like Fords with the saggy rear end.
2.5" level kit will fix u rite up.....will look more like a truck then??

· Registered
346 Posts
I think they did that so when you have a load on, the truck rides level. but that's just my opinion.

· Registered
1,650 Posts
Actually the new chevs are like that too, more so then normal

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have been looking at Hell bent steel's 2 inch leveling kit's, but then I do a search on them and you find post were people start having problems with death wobble at high speeds or over screwing up there shocks. And the more serious leveling kits are several hundred dollars. But every time I walk towards my truck I think dang that don't look right. My 02 was no were nere this bad.

· Premium Member
1,804 Posts
I have had three trucks with hell bent 2" spacers and none have had death wobble, two had stock tires (265s) and one had 305-70-17s

· Registered
2,797 Posts
the front is lower for leveling when the rear end squats with a load. adding a leveling kit will affect mpg a bit. I'm looking to level mine and add some air bags for towing level

· Registered
740 Posts
I have a buddy DiggerDave and he has the Carli suspension system with the leveling kit ! LOOKS GREAT! And going over bumps you dont feel them anymore !! In my mind it is the kit to get!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.