Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will 07-08 taillights work in my 05? I know they will fit but are the plug ins different?

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
You are right, they will fit. However the wiring is different. From what I've read here on the forum it's not too difficult to reconfigure though.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Like shaggin said...

The '03-06 have two bulbs...both do "lights on," one does brake, and the other does turn signal....'07 has one bulb that does "on" and turn/brake...

·
Registered
470 Posts
style on the 05' is much mobetta imho. you could always black them out?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I'm not gonna chop wires I'll probably just black out mine like slate said.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Interesting!! I may just have to play!!!

Now...for the prize question...what about the headlight housings?? Anyone know if they will change out?? I don't think they will...but just a question!! I have noticed the newer 07 trucks seem to have alot brighter light out of them!! Maybe it's just me....

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Now...for the prize question...what about the headlight housings?? Anyone know if they will change out?? I don't think they will...but just a question!! I have noticed the newer 07 trucks seem to have alot brighter light out of them!! Maybe it's just me....
With the replacement of the fenders, grille and top bumper trim, yes. And they aren't much better than older styles...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I am glad you asked.. I almost bought a 2006 dually bed and didn't know. Guess I could transfer my current lights though and it would still work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts