Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well i stopped by a Firestone autocare center close to were I am currently working to get a price on a tranny flush and service. He said that he didn't currently have the correct fittings yet for hooking his machine up to may tranny(48RE). He also said that my tranny holds 12 to 15 quarts and the ATF+4 fluid was about $6 a quart so I would be looking at about $300 to $400 for the flush and filter change:wow: I wonder if he was thinking about the new 6-speed Aisin? Seems like he would have this setup already seeing how that the 48RE has been used for a few years now, right??

Does all this sound right to u guys? I have never had a new truck long enough to have the tranny serviced. I currently have 42,000 miles and my fluid is starting to get a little dark so I know it needs to be done. Tranny is still shifting fine even with the predator running level 4 all the time so I don't want to push it any further on this fluid change.

I also read that sometimes getting a flush may cause some problems internally. Should I just have the filter and fluid changed?

Also, I am in the Dallas/Fort Worth area so if any of u know of a good place to go to for this I would appreciate it. I am on the south side currently working between Crowley and Benbrook on 1187.:thumbsup

· Registered
458 Posts
Strange that it would be that much. 3 Dodge dealers quoted me $160 to do the job.
nobody could agree on when to do it tho...i got a 60k and a 100k answer, so who knows.
I as well would like to know....flush or drain and fill?

:popcorn:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.