Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I buy a set of 06 taillights will they fit on my 08? :confused013:

·
Registered
230 Posts
I think they will. I have a 2006 bed on my 2007. When I called the dealer they said the part number for the bed was the same for 06 and 07 I think its the same from 03 - 08. Hope that helps

·
Registered
46 Posts
They'll fit but they won't work, they have different circuitry, or basically the 07+ is devoid of a circuit board and you just put bulbs in, whereas the 06 and older has a circuit board that holds the bulbs

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thats right. The 07 and newer have 3 wires and 06 and older have 4 wires. So they will need to be spliced in. So to put the 06 lights you might need the plug and wires to splice them in..

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there an adapter?

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
The 07 and 08 lights are a little bigger than the 06's are. Before Recon came out with the 07-08 lights, their instructions said to use a marine grade weather stripping around the edges of the lights due to the gap because the 06 and older lights are a tad bit smaller.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Well it probably would not hurt to buy a set of used 06's on ebay for real cheap and try to fit them. If not just buy the one you like and try to wire them in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts