Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

06 rubber turbo hose rotted?

1226 Views 14 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  skinnysfd
I just go an 06 5.9 and the rubber hose that goes from the turbo to the intercooler is in pretty bad shape. It has quite a few large holes in it, and the truck makes a ridiculously loud blowing sound when you get in the throttle, almost like the defrost is on full blast. Could this noise be air blowing out of this hose?
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
496 Posts
more than likely thats the cause of it. my 06 had the same hose blow a hole in it. i ended up ordering a new boost hose kit from bd diesel about $200 and they are rated for more boost pressure too. i figured one went bad so replaced all four and dealer wanted $160 just for that hose.What you are hearing is boost pressure blowing through that hole and its annoying huh

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah very annoying, sounds like a vacuum cleaner is running inside the truck. so I should replace all 4? that is the only one I saw, but I'm kinda new to the diesels so I'm not very familiar as to what needs to be replaced.

· Driving around on Stilts
1,965 Posts
Yes replace all 4.
As stated above, all 4 from an aftermarket supplier will only run 40-50 more than the dealer will want for 1.

Good luck and welcome to the addiction :thumbsup:

· Registered
2,266 Posts
Should feel like a new truck when you get those boost leaks fixed.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
these hoses that BD diesel advertises don't look like what I was referring to. The hose on my truck that has the holes in it is black, kinda looks like one of those flexible radiator hoses with the metal coil inside of it, its straight, and its about 7" long coming directly off the turbo housing.j Also, can this make the check engine light come on?

· Registered
622 Posts
this hose im talking about doesnt look like the hose kit that BD diesel sells. it's 7" long and comes straight off the turbo housing, the kid BD has looks like the 2 short ones and 2 elbows.
This your hose - attached to a metal tube going to the cooler?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes that is the hose I'm referring to. You want to sell them? Actually I live in Georgia and bought the truck off ebay from Texas so I didn't even have a change to test drive it. Kinda sucks about little things like this that no one told me about, but it was too good of a deal to pass up.

· Registered
496 Posts
yeah thats the same hose kit bd sell i got mine from Kens performance solutions in benicia, ca. for $219.00 shipped and his customer service is second to none.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.