Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have searched and have done all the research on this cold start problem. Yesterday I did the ofv check and there was fuel coming out at idle. I already replaced #1 injector and tube(4.4 ohms). Now I installed the new ofv and rechecked. I still have fuel coming out. Now, is it possible so much fuel is going through the other return line backing up to the ofv? The truck runs great(when I do get it started). No codes and everything else is fine until you try and start it in the morning(30 degrees). I know this truck could use the other 5 injectors(214.000 miles). Any thoughts? Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
OFV????

Not sure what your refering to. :confused013: Possibly rail relief valve?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry Over flow valve, or pressure relief valve. I think I figured it out though. All of those return lines run together so it is leaking out of the line not the relief valve. Time for 5 more injectors I'm afraid.

·
Premium Member
15,373 Posts
Not necessarily. You will always have return flow from the injectors. Its the lube and cooling flow for them.

What you need to do is capture the rate of flow to see if it is too much then you know the injectors are bypassing too much fuel and need replaced.

IIRC, the return flow at idle should be 80 to 120 ml in a 30 second period. With 80 being really good and 120 going bad. Do a search and see if the test procedure is poste dhere somewhere exact time and flow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts