Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Here to learn
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an answer to a simple question.

I am looking at an 06 2500 CTD. I was looking at pictures of the interior online and the laramie and slt's have the ugly wood grain around the radio and on the doors. Do all of the them have this?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Most all if not everyone has the woodgrain. The 07 have the aluminum color pieces.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Didn't the ST models come with it Black or the color of the dash?
You might be able to swap it out, see what the dealer can get one to you for. usually they'll throw in some kind of percentage off of an accessory when u buy anyway.

·
Here to learn
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think I saw an 06 sport with the alum pieces. I wonder if I could change then out. Find one at a junk yard or something.

Anything else i should know about the 06's? What kind of milage do they get? What programmer should I get to maximize milage? It's an auto with about 77k on it, well taken care of, has pulled quite a bit. What are they worth approx? Is 20k a good deal?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I need an answer to a simple question.

I am looking at an 06 2500 CTD. I was looking at pictures of the interior online and the laramie and slt's have the ugly wood grain around the radio and on the doors. Do all of the them have this?
Geeez, I kind of like my artificial wood-like substance:CRY:

·
Here to learn
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn't the ST models come with it Black or the color of the dash?
You might be able to swap it out, see what the dealer can get one to you for. usually they'll throw in some kind of percentage off of an accessory when u buy anyway.
I looked at pictures on Ebay and the ST did come with the dash I want.

·
Registered
460 Posts
20k for that truck sounds like a good deal to me. Around here, a comparable truck would probably run around 28k for that kind of mileage.

As far as fuel economy, it appears that it depends on the driver, driving conditions, engine conditions, etc. As for mine...i have 46k on it and combined city and highway driving, i get somewhere around 20-21mpg. In the warmer months, i do get better mileage then in the winter, but thats all due to fuel mixture in the winter to keep the stuff from gelling. Best i ever did was almost 700 miles on a trip to southwestern colorado back home in the northeastern part, but again, it was ideal conditions.

As for programmers....others will have to chime in to tell you about theirs. I dont have one YET, but from what i've read, combined with an intake, exhaust, and fluids, you can probably squeeze a little more out of it if you can keep the pedal off of the firewall (tough with all those mods mentioned).

I think you might consider putting some guages on it first, to establish the normal temps, pressures, whatnot before you start mod-ing. You don't want to kill your trani with the smarty turned up and running it hard off the lights. From the input i've gathered with folks with the smarty jr programmer, #4 is about as far as you wanna take it with the stock input shaft, flex plate, and everything else involved down there.

I'd bet you could find an ST dash somewhere, maybe someone on here would want to trade you the woody for the plain jane...maybe post it up if you decide to buy.

Might also try researching autotrader.com to establish your price range of what you're looking at...that should tell you if you're in the ballpark as regards to price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts