Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:CRY:Does anyone know how to properly clean the interior of an 06? On my truck if you spill one drop of water on the seat, it leaves a stain.:CRY: I've tried using a interior scrub but to no avail. Someone help?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Your fighting that to? Turtle Wax Ice seemed to do the trick.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turtle Wax Ice? What is that? I thought about getting a small steam cleaner and doing that to the seats.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wound up using a mix of laundry soap and warm water. it worked good, just a dash of soap, though it may have just "stained" the seat evenly. I wound up getting seat covers because i hated looking at spotted seats every time it rained.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those seats stain terribly. I hate how they react to any moisture.

·
Registered
237 Posts
steam cleaner won't work been there did that, works great on the carpets though.

I have tried EVERYTHING myself, figured couldn't make it any worst, I have just the seat bottoms on order right now, once I get the new ones I will have some seat covers made that won't let anything through.

I LOVE my truck but HATE my seats!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I meant to type Turtle Wax Total Interior Care. Wiped out a couple soda stains from a year ago.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Try Electrolux's dry foam carpet shampoo, thats what I use, 20yrs carpet cleaning. Yote

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
When someone finds a sure fire answer let me know cuz i HATE IT! i contemplated putting some scotch guard on it but then i thought well as bad as it stains if i dont get it PERFECTLY even its gonna look even WORSE :thud:

·
Banned
393 Posts
Whats funny, is that DODGE advertises that those " ESSENTIAL" seats are stain proof and odor resistant. My new truck has cow crap all over the inside...lol green and tan go good together...lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
Stealership is suppose to have the only cleaner we are to use on our seats. You might check into that. other wise I got nada for help

·
Registered
68 Posts
i'm glad it is not just me.. new truck and the darn seats are terrible.. what i did when i got the truck to the house the very first time i did scotch guard everything but i still get stupid stains and when i sweat in 100 degree and get in the truck it looks like arse... but then it dries.. i guess the scotch guard saved it a bit but i wish i had cloth or even leather now that i think about it.. i'll try the products suggested.. hope it helps..thank you

·
Registered
237 Posts
Stealership is suppose to have the only cleaner we are to use on our seats. You might check into that. other wise I got nada for help
Well, then they can clean them.
That stuff isn't cheap!

·
Registered
449 Posts
My buddy is going to get some power silverado seats and put them in his 06, the seats look like the truck is 25 yrs old from just WATER!!

·
Banned
333 Posts
What a joke! they put this little niffty tag on the seats and it makes you think I got something speacial in these seats.... what a load of BS, wrapping mine in leather will do the trick then I got something special.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yep mine look like crap to. I sat in the seat with a wet but from going swimming and it looks like i spilled coffee all over the seat and then wiped it off. I was seriously thinking about scotch guard. I have to look at the can but that is the oly thing i can think to do

·
Registered
411 Posts
I feel your guys pain also, I put seat covers on, everything from rain to kids will stain the crap out of these seats:CRY:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had Katzkin leather done at the dealer when I bought my truck, wouldn't have cloth seats if i had a choice

·
Registered
59 Posts
I cleaned my 06 rear seats today! I couldnt take it anylonger! i have 2 young kids and they have destroyed my rear seats, i removed the seat covers and sprayed them down heavy with shout, and scrubed them with liquid tide. After letting them sit for 10 min i used the preasure washer which removed all the koolaid, and ice pop stains. The last thing i did was run them through the rinse cycle in the washing machine and then let them dry in the sun. Let me tell you im shocked at how clean they are and they no longer have water spots.:thumbsup

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have never used anything but HOT plain water and my seats look like brand new. I have taken grease off of the passenger seat before. The dealer told me when I bought them to never use anything but warm water or they will stain. I have had good luck following their instructions. My only other observation, the hotter the water, the better it does. The seats look stained for about two hours, then they dry and look just like new.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts