Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where exactly does the fuel go (return) when it gets returned. I know back to tank but does it also return or go into stock fuel filter housing?

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
I believe it returns thru the fuel filter housing. Both return lines enter the front of the fuel filter housing and exit the rear as one.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when you say return thru the filter do you mean the fuel actually enters the filter housing then goes to the tank. The reason i ask is because i run svo and i need to keep the return seperate to the two tanks. i need to tee into the return in a place where no svo gets into the stock fuel system. I am currently teed into the line down by the trans bell housing and dont know if im returning svo into the diesel fuel system anywhere.

·
Registered
317 Posts
You can reroute the return to wherever you want but sooner or later it has to mix or the tank your sucking fuel out of will get empty and the other one will be over filled. If you want to keep the tanks seperate you have to change both the return and the suction.

·
4,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have the supply and return seperated by a 6 port valve and my tanks returns are seperate, but my question is about the return lines from the rail and the cp3. They both go through a banjo bolt on the front top side of the stock fuel filter and come out of a banjo on the backside of it. Are they simply returning through teh f/f housing to the tank or does some of the return also get circulated INTO the f/f housing?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Both, its just a t that ties the Cp3 return fuel, and rail fuel to the main retun line that goes to the tank. In your case I wouldnt mess with any of the factory fuel lines and just use a pump and solenoid valve to add bio or whatever you are using to the factory tank when you want to fill it. I have an aux tank on my truck and when I want to fill the main tank I just flip a switch that turns on the pump and opens the valve and fills through the vent line on the factory fuel fill.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts