Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local dealer just called me(I was in this weekend to look at the new lot of rigs knowing that they're way too expensive to become a second driver to my ppump rig)... anyhow, says they just traded(literally minutes apparently) for a 2006 Ram 2500, Auto, 4x4, Mega Cab Cummins and he thinks they're going to price it for $21,900... the catch... there's always a catch... the truck, although everything on it is straight(not a dent, ding or scratch) has 160,000+ miles on it...

Would anyone blink at that??

·
Registered
83 Posts
too much. there are just too many other low mileage deals out there. not to say there is anything wrong with 160,000 miles, just that there are other deals out there. i bought my 06 used in the end of 07 with 14k on it and paid 31,000

·
Registered
79 Posts
I bought an 06 Laramie mega, 36k, beginning of 09' for almost $29k. Look on ebay trucks-lots of deals out there. I searched my area for over a year-finally started looking elsewhere on line...I bought a one way plane ticket for $120 to go pick it up-it was worth it.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm already scheduled to go look at another truck today anyhow. I'm not locked into buying a diesel this go round as I already have a 650hp monster to drive when I want so I'm looking at a 1500 Mega Cab that only has 46K on the clock but they want a little more money for it... My wife would actually prefer I not get a diesel because she knows I won't be able to resist the urge to BOMB the daylights out of it...

The 06 Cummins MC with 160,000+ wasn't seriously considered but I thought I'd see what the other enthusiasts would think about that "deal"...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts