Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all. Looking to build a 500HP daily driver. I’m in need of injectors and also my stock fuel filter canister is leaking, so best time for some upgrades! Main thing I use the truck for is pulling trailers occasionally but mostly daily driver. A little background on the truck.

06 Cummins with 6 speed manual.
5” straight pipe exhaust.
Banks cold air intake
Banks Intercooler
Banks intake Elbow
BD Exhaust manifold.
No tuner currently, looking to buy.

As you can see it had some air upgrades done. I’m looking to build the fuel up now. I know I want a smarty touch programmer. The rest I’m looking at is
Injector nozzles possible 90HP
FASS 150
ARP Head studs

Looking to see what would be a good combination for a solid reliable daily driver with that extra power for some fun.
Thanks y’all in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Upgrade your clutch, get EFI and you're done. You'll be in the 500 HP area. I haven't looked into the smarty touch and what tuning you can put on it. I believe it's UDC and i don't know if you can hit the 500 HP range with UDC or not. Someone else that knows will say. If you need injectors get injectors, not nozzles. You can bypass your leaky fuel canister with the fass, plus you'll have upgraded fuel filters for your new injectors (not nozzles).

I hope it was the previous owner that wasted all that money on that banks stuff and not you :wink2:

Reactions: Ceb9706

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yes I forgot about the clutch I believe it has a southbend 2250 in it, if I’m remembering correctly...
but just getting new injectors is the way to go over just nozzles? It makes since just a decent price difference. Any recommendations on brand/size for the injectors? I would like to leave myself some room to play with in the future if I decide to upgrade further later on.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
30%-60% overs will leave you room to grow. S&S, exergy and bbi all do good work. Look into those companies and for your injectors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good I will check them out. Appreciate the advice. I haven’t ever been able to build a truck outside of a tuner so I’m definitely looking forward to it!

·
Registered
46 Posts
6 speed fluid fill has been an issue, make sure you check fluid level regularly.

·
Registered
14,560 Posts
Like said you don’t really need anything besides tuning to reach 500hp.

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I've got a stock fuel basket if you want it. I don't know if I'd be able to ship it very easily because it's got fuel all over it but I'd be willing to try.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I appreciate that. But I’m ordering the FASS system this week I believe so it’ll just stay in the shop a lil longer . And I’ll get that put on to hopefully limp her along till I can afford to buy the injectors (hopefully next month). I do have a work truck so it’s not needed to drive daily. But miss my truck! Lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts