Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ac just started acting like it has dual climates. The passenger vents are blowing hot on full blast and the drivers are still cold. If the settings are on med- low passenger blows out semi cold and the drivers are colder than when on full blast. I think the system needs recharging but i dont think that would make the passenger side blow hot. Any help is sure app.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You just need a re-charge. The ducting on these trucks is a retarded design. Its a straight shot to the drivers side from the box, so it doesnt have much time for the air to warm up. The passenger side is like a roller coaster and when you have a low charge, the air isnt cooled as much and has time to warm back up as it travels to the passenger side. A re-charge should fix your problems, just make sure to add some dye and double check any small leaks.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If the above post does not work than it could be the switch that controls the blend doors. It is a cheap part but the labor will kill ya. They have to remove the dash to get to it. I was lucky enough to have it done to my 03 under warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hade to the exact same thing on my 2003. It was the blend doors.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
ditto, sounds like the blend door, hence cool one side hot other

·
Registered
46 Posts
blend doors seem to be a common problem on the earlier 3rd gen's (even a complete writeup on tdr about the problem and how to repair). i would assume the 06's are the same, and if so, i vote blend door

1 - 6 of 6 Posts