Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. Simple question for you-I've got an '05 2500 4x4 and the u-joint has a lot of slop in it. I've got 87,000 miles on it, nothing done that would void warranty work, but was wondering if a Dodge dealer will replace this part under a warranty? Is it 100K warranty on the engine?

Any add'l info regarding the warranty(s)would be appreciated. I dont know what types or whats covered.

I bought the truck used, was I supposed to fill out any paperwork to transfer the warranty?

Thank you much!
-Lance

·
Registered
929 Posts
my truck only had a 70k mile warranty on the truck and it has the normal 100k one on the motor, i don't think unless you bought a extended warranty that you'll get that covered. please correct me if i'm wrong.

you can take your vin to the dealer and find out how much warranty is left.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Yoda, 70k is what I was thinking. I'm trying to get this fixed this weekend if it's not under warranty. I've called a few local dealers service dept, but go figure-their closed. I think I'll just go ahead and dive into this. If anyone has any advice on replacing this u-joint, I'd like to hear it.

Also, If anyone could eloborate on the 'power steering trick' I'd love to hear that as well.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
589 Posts
i think they will cover them i know that they would cover mine but i dont like letting the dealer do any work on my truck i got mine at the auto parts store they are about 50$ a joint

oh and the dealer wanted 100$ to do the warranty work too

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just went ahead and did it myself. I had to back out the 4 bolts that hold the hub on little by little. $48 for the u-joint from Advance Auto Parts, and $13 for NAPA to press out the old and install the new. 4-6 hours worth of work, including driving into town to the nearest Napa. Fairly easy job, thank CF guys for the info.

-Lance

1 - 6 of 6 Posts