Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
ok, I checked all of the supply lines, the injector tubes, all of the injectors, just to make sure that i did not make a careless error. Everything looks great! I also checked the lift pump to ensure that it is pumping, when i pulled the injectors to check everything, they had diesel on them.So I know that they are getting fuel. Is there an easy way to check the FCA and would it cause it not to start. I shot a ittle stating fluid in it to see if it would help, it ran for about 3 seconds and died( pretty much when it burned all of the ether up)
Brent
pull the harness of the back of the fca if the injectors ae installed corretly the truck will start. if no start you have done something wrong on install

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
how are you installing the injectors? are you tightening the injectors first and then torqueing the connector tubes? or are you pushing the injectors in starting the connector tubes and then going back to the injectors tightening them down. and then final torque on the connector tubes?

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I pulled the harness on the fca. Truck still did not start. I am feeling my way through this, so what exactly does the fca do, and why would it start with it not hooked up?
i controls the rail pressure with it unhooked it calls for max rail pressure. even a little leak the motor will still have enough pressure to start

1 - 3 of 3 Posts