Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,174 Posts
No, it is a self bleeding system.

You might open the water drain on the filter housing and bump the starter to see that the lift pump is pumping.

After my injector install, I did the bump the starter thing a few times and had to crank it for about 20 seconds. Then she fired right up.

You might recheck the torque on the connector tubes. That can keep it from building rail pressure and it won't start. Might also pull the electrical connectors on the fuel rail and check the pins. One could have got bent.

Randy
i agree, a bent or pinched feeder line in the rail, will cause serious fueling issues... and if the connector tubes are the least bit loose, you will loose alot of rail pressure... a loose connector tube can even cause a lopey idle, if its just right, almost like the fca has went bad in one... but that is another thing to check is the fca (Fuel control actuator) may be coincidental, that it is going bad right after you changed the injectors, i can cause pressures to be all over the place when it goes bad... and it doesnt have a warning, it will just start fueling different, and loss of power...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts