Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4” or 5” turbo back exhaust what do you guys like for deep throaty sound truck is all stock gona do PRXB exhaust brake but my exhaust has holes in it

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have a 5" and love the sound. Do have to be aware on the highway @ 2000 rpms +/- 100 rpms it can drone pretty bad though. So if you tow a lot right at that RPM, it will wear you out. For me thats 75/80mph so not a big deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice I don’t tow a lot but during desert season I got a 40’ toyhauler and a loud ass sound system to drowned out the exhaust I’ll go 5

·
Registered
912 Posts
5" is the way to go in my opinion. I did a Farm Boy Diesel 5" TBE a few years ago and couldnt be happier. Its not terribly expensive either since it is basically a stainless steel straight pipe. Do you plan on getting rid of your catalytic converter as well?

·
Registered
10,163 Posts
A 5" isn't going to yield anymore hp and may restrict the capacity to stuff a 35" spare. My 285-75-17 is tight with a 4" stock.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I just put on a 5" Diamond Eye Cat back, no muffler. It sounds excellent with no muffler, really deep, however it's now annoying with the drone while I'm towing. Going to muffle it.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Mine has a 5” magnaflow setup, no cat, and I love it. It does drone a bit but I don’t mind. Haven’t received any complaints from the wife and kids. Maybe that’s because I used to tow with a straight piped 7.3 on 37s lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts