Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. im very new to the cummins world ! I just bought a 05 cummins with a nv5600 trans... it needs a clutch ! . I recently bought a south bend clutch and my question is ....

What size is the stock flywheel ? 13" ? the clutch is not a duel disk. Just a mild upgrade from stock.
I dont have the clutch out yet . im needing this info so I know if I need a flywheel before I tear into it. any help is appreciated. thanks everyone !

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Get a reputable shop to blanchard grind your flywheel.

·
Rescue Tower
10,813 Posts
Hey guys. im very new to the cummins world ! I just bought a 05 cummins with a nv5600 trans... it needs a clutch ! . I recently bought a south bend clutch and my question is ....

What size is the stock flywheel ? 13" ? the clutch is not a duel disk. Just a mild upgrade from stock.
I dont have the clutch out yet . im needing this info so I know if I need a flywheel before I tear into it. any help is appreciated. thanks everyone !
Maybe list the PN of the clutch you purchased? I would imagine you are getting a 13" clutch that will bolt to your factory 13" flywheel. Flywheel has to be resurfaced, or purchase a new flywheel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts