Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The truck is an 05 with 80K on it, I have or had a Bully Dog Tripple Pup hooked up to it. Last week the check engine light came on, and the truck had little to no power, at this time, the truck was still programmed. I de-programmed the truck, and the check engine light went away, and normal power returned...although.....When I accelerate moderately hard, the motor cuts out, it doesn't die, but cuts out completely. I take my foot off the gas,and then go right back to the pedal and its fine, so long as I don't give it to much throttle or it will do the same thing again. I replaced the fuel filter, thinking it may have been clogged and starving the engine for fuel under harder acceleration, although it did nothing to fix the problem. Am I looking at a problem with the pick-up pump? Thoughts. Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
lift pump maybe? my truck kinda of has trouble getting enough fuel because it needs one with the Power max cr thats on it when i turn it above the first power level.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Sounds like a fuel pump problem to me man... easy to fix just have to drop tank thats the hardest part.. or get an airdog or fass fuel system to upgrade it all.. then you can run all the fuel ya want!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts