Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 05 dodge 3500 cummins four door dually. ive installed a stage 1 K&N intake system and a 5" turbo back stack kit with 7" tips and im looking for the most reliable and best preforming programmer i can get to roll coal and get better mpg when i want. im working with 1000 bucks and im new to the diesel world and dont want to waste my money on junk programmer. is their any certain kind of programmers that work really good for my truck???????

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wish i could . maybe in a year or or two.lol im working with 1000 bucks . i want one of those outlook monitors. ive been told the bully dog power pups is a great tuner for the 5.9. is that true?????

·
Hide your cats!
5,100 Posts
You want a bully dog triple dog. That's what I run. You can get them cheap like 250.00
Don't worry about the out look its junk. Do what was said buy analog gauges. That's the best money you will ever spend.

Reactions: Zeek1230

·
Registered
778 Posts
Gauges and bully dog triple dog. You can have both for way under 1000.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Reactions: Zeek1230

·
Registered
131 Posts
:agree2: a good set of gauges and the bd will be somewhere in the $700 range. Then look at some 2 micron fuel filtration. If you get a good deal you can stay under a grand and get all of it. I think glacier has their filter water separator for around 300

·
Registered
407 Posts
Smarty's in used section for around 500 bucks or so then use the rest for gauges.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now are all these programmers on the fly adjustable. And what gauge is should I get it

·
Hide your cats!
5,100 Posts
The triple dog can be changed with a quick plug in at a light. The smarty with the pod option can do the same. I run autometers and never had a issue. Decent price too.

·
Registered
322 Posts
you can get both gauges and programmer for under 1000 but by the sounds of it your better to just start reading alot and using serch to investagate all the info you can so that you spend the money once and do it right...its not all about rolling smoke and giving us a bad name in the sport . .. not accusing you of this unless thats your thought just seems to be the growing trend with alot of beginners

·
Registered
975 Posts
I ran a Smarty Jr for about 3-4 months and loved it. The truck ran alot better. I just didn't trust myself with it :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well im not going to tell you that i dont like to roll coal but the main goal in mind is to help out with pulling the farm equipment and i haul about 20,000 pounds on a weekly basis on the rolling hill and its not that the truck doesnt have the power but it has to down shift alot. i also was wondering what gauges i need like i know that i need a boost or pyro but what other should be on the priority for me eg temp ,trans temp, and how do i hook them up and or do i have to buy the sensors or do the come with the truck or programmer. i no that im a newb at all this but i want to do it right the first time and not kill my truck . you guys no how it is . i appreciate all the feedback im new to forums as well .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts