Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 3500 stock except for a K&N air filter. I went to pick up a trailer about 70 miles away, everything is fine. Got the trailer and started home, got almost all the way home and stopped to eat, still everything is fine. Came out of eating and truck would not start, turns over fine but nothing. Got it towed home and checked fuel in filter, it is pumping fine, checked fuses, all ok. Opened a line from fuel rail to injector, had fuel there but not sure of the pressure since I was by myself. Still nothing, no smoke like it's not getting fuel. Anyone got any ideas, only has 122500 miles.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Codes? Search for procedure.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
You need to check the rail pressure while cranking. Find someone with a good scan tool. Low rail pressure won't signal the ecm to fire the injectors. If it's low check the prv for a leak and then start capping the injectors one at a time. If one is by passing too much fuel the truck will start when it's capped.

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
Load test the two batteries. Make sure they are good and fully charged.
It needs good battery power to crank fast enough and to fire the injectors.
Needs to monitor fuel pressure before cp3 pump and the rail pressure while cranking to further troubleshooting.

·
Master of Mayhem NASFIG
8,806 Posts
whatever you do, do not crack the injector lines when firing or running the psi will cut skin like a hot knife thru butter and can kill real easy..

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
whatever you do, do not crack the injector lines when firing or running the psi will cut skin like a hot knife thru butter and can kill real easy..

UNLESS we can have the video.

Good luck on the truck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You may have same issue I had. High Pressure Relief Valve (HPRV) blown. If so. There is a place in Dallas that sells the whole Rail Asym cheaper than the HPRV alone. I paid $440ish if I remember correctly. M&D Distributors, and got the Rail, HPRV and Sensor in the Bosch Assembly. Making sure the batteries are FULLY charged compensates for the fact the HPRV is bleeding back into the tank and not creating enough pressure to start properly. I replaced the Asm and truck fired off first crank. This fuel system will self prime. Bump the ignition and the lift pump will keep running, priming the system eliminating air in the lines. 214-631-5270 they have other locations. I had to replace mine while I was leaving Texas headed for Florida.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.