Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an '04 Ram 2500 and have noticed the drivers side door power lock will not work every once in a while. I first noticed it last week, but it has worked fine in the meantime until tonight. I can manually lock and unlock the door, but the power lock switch on the doors and the key fob will not do anything for that particular door. Is this a common problem and is this an easy fix? I have experience messing with old Mopar musclecar door & lock mechanisms, but this power lock stuff is new to me.:doh:

Any feedback is appreciated. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
subscribing, same problem but mine won't work AT ALL anymore, just that door electronically.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Doods clean up the contacts on the switch and the inside actuator...worked for me

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'll have to tear into it next leave time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I ended up buying a new latch assembly at the dealer. It was less than $60, so it was not too bad. The contacts appeared to be clean on the old one. It was pretty cool to see that they use the same technology as the old Mopar musclecars when it comes to the plastic clips that retain the metal rods to the latch assembly. (Well...cool to me since I was familiar with that process.)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Drivers side door lock not operable thru any electronic means- you're saying that the latch assembly fixed it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts