Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you fit an 06 grille on to a 04 if so what is in need to put it on and any pics would be verry helpfull or any info will also do thanks...

·
CF Administrator
12,436 Posts
:nowork: it wont fit because the shape of the grill on the bottom is different from the o4, you would need the front bumper off an 06+ to make it work, then you need to figure out if the bumper would even bolt up..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn figured that thanks anyways bigg biigggg help

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
:nowork: it wont fit because the shape of the grill on the bottom is different from the o4, you would need the front bumper off an 06+ to make it work, then you need to figure out if the bumper would even bolt up..

Headlights too!:doh:

Reactions: Djasik

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
It would be cool though but really not worth the hassle just to be "Different". I think the fenders may be a bit different too. I'm not sure though..

·
Diesel-less
4,274 Posts
If you want the grill you'll have to get the bumper. If you want the bumper you'll have to get the headlights, and if you want the headlights you'll have to get the fenders. Maybe a hood too. I know someone who did the front end conversion on his 2003 to the 2006 complete front end color matched and everything for a little over $1,000.

·
Registered
468 Posts
IT will work, a couple guys in town here have done it, just the bottom of the grill doesnt line up perfectly. it looks a little awkward without the newer front bumper. I have one in the shop. maybe I'll throw it on my 04 just for kicks. if I do i'll show ya some pics..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Here ya go.............

Not my truck, just one that is being sold locally.

·
CF Administrator
12,436 Posts

·
Diesel-less
4,274 Posts
It actually looks pretty good to me :thumbsup:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Looks alright. theres a small gap on the corners. What do you guys think should I put that on my 04 or stick with the stocker? I have both.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a 04 dodge ram 3500 and a newer model grill will fit.i fact i changed the hole front of my truck to an 06 06 08 front. and i worked out pretty nice i have a new looking truck.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Option B would be put it on and make a front bumper!!! that is if your a 4x4? didn't read your sig before I started typing:doh:...

I may be retarded but I like the 05 grill on my brothers rig better then my 07.... but his is painted and mine is chrome.... I want a black one to match my flares...

You may also be able to have a body shop modify your bumper cover and repaint it for not to much.... that would be pretty slick if you want to put that much effort into it...

·
Registered
141 Posts
After reading this thread me and the guys may have to go find a deer to hit with the CTD and give me reason to get an 06 grill. :drool2: oh wait I couldnt do that!! Id cry!:doh::sad2. Good work tho guys. I like the idea. As said above the small gaps in the corners could be taken care of with an offroad bumper. :headbang::peelout.

·
Registered
307 Posts
wow when i find a 06 grill i think im goin to do that its looks good i think...

·
Registered
19 Posts
I dont agree that bumpers are different

I'm thinking that 06 Bumper Cover/Valance, 06 Headlights, and 06 Grill would be ALL that would be neccessary for change over.....

I'm thinking chrome bumper, fenders, hood could be saved in change over LOOK !!!!!!!!

Please SHOW ME where I wrong ?????????

·
Registered
468 Posts
I dont agree that bumpers are different

I'm thinking that 06 Bumper Cover/Valance, 06 Headlights, and 06 Grill would be ALL that would be neccessary for change over.....

I'm thinking chrome bumper, fenders, hood could be saved in change over LOOK !!!!!!!!

Please SHOW ME where I wrong ?????????
I think you're correct except for the fenders, it would probably be easier/ more cost effective to replace with 06 style fenders. Other than that everything else should work.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts