Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 Cummins with standard transmission. After a trip to Mexico from Oregon with my wife's 4000# camper on the back, I am considering an exhaust brake to slow us down on the hills and save the brakes. Any advice as to the best one to buy?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've got an exhaust brake on my 03 with the 6 speed and i can't imagine having a truck without it! Came on the truck when I bought it, don't realy know too much about installation...all I know is that it works, and it works great.

·
Registered
80 Posts
BD diesel makes a nice brake.I know guys that have'em on their 6spds and say they work real well.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I can't give you a comparison, but I'm really happy with my PacBrake. We tow a 13k fifth wheel and on a recent trip to Arizona it just made me grin on the downgrades. My truck is an auto tranny, but from what I understand, the exhaust brakes are even more effective with manul transmissions.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have the Pacbrake and love it. just make sure you get the right one, 04.5 uses a different brake then the 04 due to different size exhaust.

Joe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts