Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Since about 1 week or 2, I noticed that my Brake Light Indicator was coming on and off sometimes. I think it started doing this after playing in the snowy streets with the truck.

So the light comes on and off (but not flashing!) sometimes as when I'm braking hard or even when I floor it! (wtf?). Also when braking normally. In fact, the light comes on when I'm driving, pretty much. Haha

Like an hour ago I wanted to check if the Parking Brake wouldnt be like not fully disengaged so I went into a Parking Lot, put the P-Brake on, gave just a little bit a gas and it made a loud TOC sound, but thats it. I disengaged the P-Brake, turned to wheels to go back and start spinning the tires to make a 180 degrees; the light came back on. (It also light up when I make the truck slide on the snow/ice).

But now it looks like it's worst! She came back on and off more often, like everytime I press the throttle or hit the brakes...

EDIT: No code thrown.

What's the problem with it?

Thanks for help,
Alex

·
Trying to learn
'03 QCLB 2500 305/555 NV5600 3.73 4x4
6,419 Posts
Check the fluid level in the Master Cylinder...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
x2 , if it is low, you might actualy want to check your pads as well, fluid goes down as pads wear, and light trips when fluid sloshes.........

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe it checked it like 2 days ago, must have looked too fast... I'll check this again tomorrow! Thanks guys :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts